Eight Years Later: 9-11 Anniversary Post

First off, this is NOT a Kigurumi post, so if you were expecting one, then I'm sorry. I do feel though that this is important enough to talk about since it has had an affect on my life, and I'm sure a good number of the reader's lives as well. I get a little patriotic in this post, and if you don't like that, then you might not want to read this. I promise, next post will be about Kigurumi.

At 8:46 a.m. eight years ago today, American Airlines Flight 11 was crashed into the World Trade Center's North Tower, followed by United Airlines Flight 175, which hit the South Tower at 9:03 a.m. United Airlines Flight 93, whose ultimate target was thought to be either the United States Capitol or White House, crashed near Shanksville, Pennsylvania at 10:03 a.m, after the passengers on board engaged in a fight with the hijackers.

9-11, was one of the most tragic events in American history. Over 3,000 were killed and 6,000 were injured. In that day, our definitions of peace, of safety, and even our security were redefined. People today still grapple with the events that took place that terrible morning. In response to the attacks, President George W. Bush, would then declare war on terror and a long battle would begin.

Now that I've talked about it a little, I want to know for those who read it, where were you when you heard about the attacks? As for me, I was only in the eigth grade, but I remember it clear as day. It was the only thing everyone talked about all day, and even after leaving school, it was all over the television. Certain channels stopped programming for the day in honor of what had happened. Even WWE Smackdown did a tribute show on September 13, 2001.

9-11 was a national tragedy, and something that will never be forgotten. It brought a country together in one common ideal. I feel that that America is, and continues to be, the greatest country in the world, and that there is no force on earth, not even Hulkamania (forgive me, I had to make the reference) that can stand up to the power of the American spirit. As our national pledge says, "One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty, & justice for all". So today, I'm not saying board yourself up in your house, but just remember what happened today, and why we're that much better as people now. This is my opinion, and many might not agree with it, but I feel honored to be able to post my feelings about what happened.

Until next time, and there will be a kigurumi post next time,

~Cody Nakamura