10.3 pt. 1: Edward Elric's Journal Entry #2

Here is journal entry #2 in Edward Elric's Journal...

Date: ??? - Wather: Stormy. I don't remember much. I was woken up by a bright light. At first I thought I was about to face God for what I had done to Al and my mother, but Winry and Granny Pinako were there, so I must have gone to the other place. Heh heh. After I felt better, Winry conked me on the head with her wrench for that one.

No, I was alive, but I had lost so much blood, Winry and Granny had to perform an emergency Automail operation to stop me from bleeding to death. The pain was excruciating, but it was nothing…compared to what Al had gone through. A week or two has passed since the operation, though I'm not sure. I've been sleeping most of the time. It hurts too much to be awake and think of the taboo I had performed.

Everyone's concerned I'm depressed and just because I'm not hungry, that I won't eat. I reason I won't eat is because Winry keeps giving me milk at each meal. I HATE milk, it tastes like vomit. She says if I don't drink it, I won't grow, but what does she now about the human anatomy, anyway? I shouldn't be so hard on her. I know she's worried about me. I heard her talking about how she is working night an day on my new automail arm and leg, and how I need to be careful with them. I pretended to be asleep so she didn't know I was listening, but she sounded.....sad about what happened to me and Al.

Somehow….I know this is my father's fault. He should have been there, but he wasn't! No. This was my fault. I tried to bring my mother back to life, and do something that should never be attempted. It wasn't his fault. I'm the only one to blame. Somehow…I am going to make this right.

To be continued...

Until next time,
Cody Nakamura